At Wolfestone we pride ourselves on fantastic career progression opportunities and high levels of staff retention. We achieve this through continuous investment in our employees' ongoing happiness.
Although we’re in the translation industry, we don’t expect our sales team to be able to speak a second language!
Junior BDMs with no previous sales experience can expect to earn over £23,000 per year as we offer uncapped commission earnings.
Don’t believe us? Let the stats do the talking!
- 70% of staff promoted in the last 12 months
- 100% of staff received pay rises in the last 18 months
- 100% of staff were enrolled or are taking place in external training and development courses
- 72% of staff employed for longer than 12 months
- Fun activities! Want to see more? Click here
About the Translation Industry:
Translation is one of the fastest growing industries worldwide.
Wolfestone has seen an above-industry growth of 11.8% over the past 12 months, our staff are key to this growth.
Is the role right for you?
One of Wolfestone’s key objectives is to continually upskill our workforce, which has been highlighted by our recent award recognition: Best Language Service Provider for Career Progression under £25 million
With the above in mind, there is no requirements to speak a secondary language, as you will be selling to UK based companies.
Extensive training and mentoring will be provided from day one,
meaning any previous sales experience can be easily migrated into your
new role (none of our current sales team members came with previous
translation industry experience).
- Generate new business through aggressive prospecting via cold call, the internet, social media, networking and trade shows.
- Developing, maintaining and rebuilding relationships with lapsed, lost and new customers through telephone calls, emails, possible face-to-face meetings and other forms of communication;
- Gaining a clear understanding of customers’ businesses and requirements and providing new customers with timely quotations/proposals and relevant information
- Negotiating the terms of agreements and closing sales,
- Planning and preparing presentations and representing the organisation at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations;
- Build, manage and maintain a substantial pipeline and to ensure that all pipeline activity is accurately documented and kept up-to-date in CRM systems
- Liaising with project managers to develop orders and check on the progress of existing orders, keeping clients informed during the project lifecycle
- Following up new business opportunities and setting up meetings ensuring that all sales opportunities are fully captured and fully explored
- Reviewing own sales performance, aiming to meet and exceed targets;
- Gathering market and customer information and providing management with market feedback
- Overseeing the development of marketing literature in conjunction with the marketing team
Must have experience in a similar business development or business to business sales role.
Specific job skills
Excellent commercial awareness and business sense, good communication skills, both in writing and verbally and confident delivering presentations. Excellent organisation and time-management skills. Ability to understand the translation industry and products. Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
Have a can do attitude and be a problem solver, self-motivated but able to work as part of a team. Someone who enjoys networking and meeting new people.
Competent user of Microsoft Office package. Experience of CRM systems.
Experience selling in the service industry would be preferential.
What we offer:
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays rising to 29 days + bank holidays.
- Non contractual enhanced sick pay scheme
- Uncapped commission
- Contributory pension
- Flexible working environment with opportunities for home working where necessary
- Training: We are a great supporter of personal development and as such offer a wealth of training opportunities for our staff
- Career prospects: As a Wales Fast Growth 50 Company we are able to offer a stable working environment with frequent opportunities for career progression stable working environment with frequent opportunities for career progression
Please note that due to a high level of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted.
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees regardless of but not limited to gender, marital status, race, racial origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, membership or non-membership of a Trade Union, pregnancy, childbirth, political affiliation, relationships in the workplace, or any other prejudice.
Get a quote for your translation project within 60 minutes.