Translation Project Manager Vacancy
Benefits: Company pension, 20 days annual leave + bank holidays. Remote working with laptop provided (you must have own internet connection). Sick pay after 12 months. Please note this is a Swansea based position however we are currently working remotely.
Contract duration: Permanent
Working hours: Full-time, 37.5 hrs/week, 9.30am-5.30pm
Objective: Project managers plan and manage all language projects, making sure they are completed on time and within budget. This may include translation, transcription, document recreation, multimedia or any other services that Wolfestone Group offers.
- Planning, managing and monitoring multiple projects in all languages
- Maintaining and managing TMs and glossaries as per client requirements
- Negotiating with suppliers
- Coordinating, managing and monitoring suppliers
- Maintaining effective communication, collaboration and relationships with clients and colleagues
- Working to production targets, including margins, delivery and client satisfaction
- Complying with quality assurance and data protection standards
- Accurately record all required data, including full yet concise project notes, non-conformity reports, etc.
- Ad hoc recruitment of linguists
- Assist all departments as and when required.
- Personality: You will be self-motivated and customer focused, you will also be a pro-active problem solver with a positive attitude and strong commercial awareness. You will be flexible and able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Specific job skills: You will have excellent multi-tasking, organisation, negotiation, time management and prioritising skills and great attention to detail. You will be able to confidently communicate fluently in English with people at all levels both in writing and orally.
- Computer skills: You will have the ability to learn new IT programmes easily and quickly. You will have excellent IT literacy including Microsoft Office and Outlook. You must own your own computer and have a reliable internet connection.
- Skills: Fluency in more than one language. Knowledge of, and experience in using CAT technology, particularly XTM and SDL Studio (2009-2016). Additionally, knowledge of and experience in using MT technology, document engineering, desktop publishing software or project management software.
- Education: A degree or master’s degree in translation or language studies, Project Management qualifications or previous experience in a translation industry project management role.
Wolfestone is a vibrant, dynamic, fast moving company. In order to get where we are today we have had to remain flexible, positive, enthusiastic and willing to go the extra mile for our clients.
Our drive and ambition has led us to become the biggest translation company in Wales. We need people who display these qualities and who thrive in this kind of fast paced environment.
What can we offer you?
We will invest in developing you to reach your full potential and offer you a challenging and rewarding career path in a growing industry.
How do I apply?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your application pack.
Our GDPR privacy notice is here.
Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed via 3CX web conference and successful interviewees will be required to participate in a trial work experience day to test organisational skills and ability to work to deadlines.
Close date for application: 3rd April 2021
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees regardless of race, sex, colour, nationality, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital / partnership status, religion, age or disability.
Get a quote for your translation project within 60 minutes.