1. Create a sitemapHaving a sitemap makes it easier for search engines to index your website. Including the "hreflang" tag will let them know which language you target and will show your localised website in front of your target audience.
2. Use canonical URLsCanonical URLs are useful for e-commerce sites that have multiple product pages with similar content and the same language (eg. British & US English, Brazilian Portuguese and Portuguese). Not doing this could lead to a penalty.
3. Use AnalyticsSetting up Analytics and Webmaster tools is essential to keeping track of traffic. One of the first metric you need is Conversions so you can track ROI.
4. Have a local domainLocal domains (yoursite.de, yoursite.fr) show your audience quickly where you're based and build trust.
5. Use local hostingEven if your website has the appropriate "hreflang" tag and the search engines know what country you're targeting, having hosting in the target country helps with the site speed. The infographic follows below.
For more information about Wolfestone services:
Document translation services, Localisation services, Transcreation services, Multilingual SEO services, Proofreading, Voiceover services, Interpreting services, Multimedia services, Legal translation services, Other types of translation
The professional translation services you can trust!